Monday, 18 August 2014

Growing Pains


It's that time again, the painful time when my hair is in between styles and lengths. Growing your hair out is possibly the most frustrating thing, my hair isn't long enough to be curly but it's too long to be straight without looking flat and lifeless. And then there's my fringe (I have a love/hate relationship with my fringe) which I'm in the process of growing out which means numerous experiments with different fringes, hair styles and plaits, joy!

The main problem with my hair is the thickness though, it looks pretty thick and volumised to the untrained eye but it's actually pretty thin, un-exciting and a bit meh overall. It does have a natural shine though which I'm generally happy with. I've tried all manner of products to try and get it looking full of volume all day and avoid the inevitable greasy fringe situation sitting in a ridiculously hot office every day, but I think I may have finally cracked the formula!

Thickening shampoo and conditioner is an absolute must for me, it sorts my hair out from the very beginning, I have a few firm favourites that I alternate between (I'm not sure if it's a scientifically proven method but it always feels like it makes a difference rather than sticking with the same one!) and my current shampoos are Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo, L'Oreal Fibrology Thickening Shampoo (an absolute steal at £2.99!) and Christophe Robin Cleansing Scrub with Sea Salt (so good for a deep cleanse!). For conditioners I alternate between Label M Thickening Conditioner and Bumble & Bumble Surf Conditioner. They're working perfectly at the moment but I'll keep changing them up as my hair grows so any suggestions are welcome!

Is anyone else going through the growing pains? If you'd be interested in seeing a few hair tutorials for mid-length hair, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shampoo recommendations! My hair is very fine as well. Fortunately my bangs have all grown out, but every time I think about getting them cut again (which is pretty much every time I get my hair trimmed) I always have to remind myself of the work that having bangs entails. Thank you--I'll take the lazy way out which means no bangs for me in the near future, haha!

    Melanie | UnraveledThreads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate that period.

    I definitely have a love/hate relationship with a fringe as well. Debating whether to go back to one for the winter...

    Em x Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain, I've not had mine cut for almost a year now and I'm always changing my fringe! I love Bumble & Bumble products x

    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing a length/style out of hair is super irritating but it could be worse, around 2 years ago i had one side of my head shaved, it still hasn't grown out completely, oh how i wish i could have made better life choices!

    I've been using the Samy Fat Hair products recently and it worked wonders for me, and you can pick them up quite easily at Superdrug x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1