Sunday, 24 August 2014

Daisy Chain

Sienna stacking rings c/o Buckley London, silver ring from Divinity in the Manchester Craft and Design Centre

Who doesn't love Bank Holiday weekends? Everything slows down a little and three days out of the office feels like it could last forever. Whether you spend it catching up on sleep or exploring somewhere new, it feels like we've earned it. 

So far I've spent my long weekend relaxing with The Man at home and venturing into Manchester with my friend Naomi for a much needed catch up, as well as cake and wine of course! Prepared for miserable weather we were pleasantly surprised to be bathed in sunlight as we pottered around attempting to pick somewhere to eat, we're both incredibly indecisive so sometimes this process takes forever. We settled on Bakerie in the Northern Quarter, grabbed a little table and ordered two of the biggest sandwiches ever, they were kind of incredible. We ordered the beef with mustard and pork shoulder on their homemade bread, as we're so indecisive we couldn't settle on one each so we split them half and half so we could have the best of both worlds! I could easily eat them again, they were delicious, especially the pork shoulder.

As is tradition, after finishing our sandwiches we moved on or dessert, we settled on Sugar Junction and chose a lovely table right near the window. I opted for a brownie which was ever so naughty, after a week of being healthy I thought it was allowed! Naomi had a chocolate orange cake which was effectively a Jaffa Cake, yum. We polished them off and then decided it was time for wine so headed to Dusk til Pawn which was bizarrely dark but smelled hazily delicious, I wish every weekend was a three day weekend!

I hope you're having a lovely long weekend, and we're only half way through!

9 comments:

  1. This brownie looks scrumptious! I have been chilling, catching up with some stuff I havent got around to doing as well as preparing for my business trip to France next Thursday, which I am very excited about!

    Katrina Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brownie looks tasty!

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know! :)

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. holidays are the best! that pork shoulder you described sounds delicious. great blog, by the way!

    tiffany / tiffanyeatworld

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long weekends are great, Sundays aren't Sundays anymore, just the hump day of the weekend! And YUM that brownie. I hope you're enjoying your bank holidays!

    Crissy @ My Cup Of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're enjoying your bank holiday! I love manchester and hopefully will be visiting with the BF soon for a weekend - you'll have to let me know where the best places for dinner are :)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you now dear:)

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    PS follow back so we can stay in touch if you didn't already;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good bank holiday to me!

    Plus that chocolate brownie looks heavenly :)

    Em x Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos! Hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend... certainly sounded like it started very nicely! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your stacking rings. Hope you have a lovely long weekend :)

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1