Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Tweet meets Anna Kreeger of M. Hulot


After posting about M. Hulot's collection in YMC I got the chance to ask the designer behind M. Hulot a few questions about life, design and who she'd most like to work with...

What do you love about the UK craftsmanship?

First and foremost, I love that we have an industry over here and I think it is important to be resourceful and to use what is on your doorstep. We have a big history of leather goods here in the UK, so there is wealth of knowledge and expertise to draw on. I love that it has a different look from other areas- it has an artisan edge and I choose to make goods where you can see the workmanship ie. Raw edges next to buffed and painted edges, and stitched body contrasted with clean, un-stitched flap.

If you could collaborate with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be?

That's a tough one! In terms of collaborating with someone with a similar style to me I'd love to work with Margaret Howell. However, I also love the idea of working with a brand or designer that is different in style and seeing how the two worlds can merge! I am talking with a Jewellery designer friend, Sophie Webster, and we are talking about working on some simple and exclusive small leather goods that would incorporate some specially designed hardware. I love the idea of doing small side projects like this, that make you look at your designs in a new way.

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Believe it or not, a Fashion Designer, although my taste has changed! This choice stayed firm through out my life, although at A-levels I thought I may want to be a Textile Designer or Art Historian. I studied clothing design for my degree.

What's next for you?

Keep on moving and spreading the word! Expand my stockist list, design and produce some pieces exclusive to the website, collaborations as above and maybe some men's styles!

For more info, visit YMC or the M. Hulot website.

1 comment:

  1. very cool interview
    I do appreciate the bag it's so nice
    very unique

    -Bionica

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1