Sunday, 29 April 2012

Simply Beach

I doubt many of you know, but I have a secret obsession with all things lingerie... It's mostly due to my larger than average *ahem* assets, but I've always loved buying new bras and undies, it's more of a treat for me than buying clothes even. But when your size isn't found in normal shops, it's a little bit more difficult which is why I love finding out about new online lingerie shops. So I thought I'd bring my little obsession onto my blog a bit more and start featuring more lingerie, explaining underwear and mentioning my unmentionables.

The boy and I have just decided to book a little Summer holiday so I've had sun, sea, sand and swimwear in my head ever since we decided to head to the beach! So when Simply Beach got in touch and asked if I'd like to review some of their products from their brand new lingerie department, it was like Christmas had come early.

I picked out a nautical inspired, striped bikini (a little bit out of my comfort zone!) by Panache. Now, I don't expect anyone to have to see me in it in my current chubby state, but I've got a couple of months to tone up and this will now be my incentive to lose some weight.

This is the Panache Lucille Bandeau bikini, the top is £30 and the bottoms are £16. I haven't really ever worn a bikini outside the house before, but this one even manages to make me look alright! The top is well structured like a bra and will definitely hold everything where they are supposed to me and compliment a curvier figure. The bottoms are also flattering and comfy, I just can't wait to wear it on the beach! I'd definitely recommend it for anyone who is curvy but wants to wear a bikini.

I also ordered a Gossard Super Boost Lace Plunge Bra to test out, I've worn it a couple of times in the past week and it is easily one of the comfiest bras I've ever worn. It doesn't make my boobs look enormous but it does give a great boost to cleavage, plus it doesn't have the standard thick straps that usual +DD bras have so it looks a bit more elegant! It's £28 and worth every penny in my opinion.


I also opted for the Gossard Ego Boost Plunge Bra which I was worried would give me cleavage that would have someones eye out, but I'm actually quite disappointed by the results. My boobs definitely do not look like the woman's below that's for sure! I'm not sure whether I need a different size (thought the lace bra above fits perfectly) but there just seems to be too much bra, not enough cup and far too sturdy straps... Not one I'll be wearing on a regular basis unfortunately. The bra is £34 and is available on Simply Beach.

I'll definitely be going back to Simply Beach and I'd recommend that any girlies with DD+ boobs do too! Click here to go to the site.

Apologies for the extensive post about underwear, I've set up another blog just in case you guys aren't fans, just let me know what you think!


2 comments:

  1. Loving the bras especially the lace, must purchase - wonder if they're available in debenhams or house of fraser?

    Eda ♥

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that bikini! so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1