Sunday, 4 September 2011

Banana and Caramel Cupcakes

 
 
 
Since moving into our new, little flat I've been treated to having a house husband as the boy was off work so this weekend I've been a domestic goddess! I've baked banana and caramel cupcakes and I'm about to make the most amazing roast ever, well maybe not, but it'll be yummy enough!

I also got to test drive my new Joseph Joseph nest of mixing bowls (which the lovely people at Find Me A Gift sent to me as a moving in present, thank you!) and they did not disappoint, plus they look very pretty and bright in the white kitchen.

I made up the recipe as I went along but the cakes are rather delicious so I thought I'd post it here for you to try too!

Ingredients

175g Caster Sugar
175g Self Raising Flour
175g Butter/Spread
3 Eggs
4 bars of Cadbury Caramel (or whatever else you want to put in them!)
2 super ripe bananas

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Cream together the butter and sugar
3. Add the eggs one by one, mixing well after adding each egg
4. Mush up the bananas with a fork and add it to the mixture along with chopped up chocolatey bits
5. Sieve in the flour and fold into the mixture
6. Spoon into cupcake cases
7. Bake for 15/20 minutes or until they're cooked all the way through, test them with a knife and if it comes out clean, they're done!
8. Leave to cool and either eat them or drizzle some chocolate on the top

Happy baking!

4 comments:

  1. The mixing bowl set looks really good, will go and check out the website now. Wish I could try a cupcake !

    ReplyDelete
  2. how amazingly divine, banana cupcakes, cuter way of making a banana loaf! congratulations on moving into your new flat. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the JJ set - it is so lovely! If I liked bananas I would be all over these cakes.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1