Sunday, 10 July 2011

Parsha Gerayesh

The lovely Mary Benson introduced me to the work of Westminster Uni Graduate Parsha Gerayesh, who not only has an incredible Graduate collection which you can see above but also won the Fashion Innovation Awards at Graduate Fashion Week.

I love the structure and shapes to his collection as well as the fusion of clothing and furniture construction. The unfinished edges and wooden structures remind me of embroidery hoops whereas the linear patterns hark back to optical illusions.

See his incredible online portfolio here.

p.s. I'm in London for a couple of days next week so if anyone wants to meet up, get in touch!

2 comments:

  1. very innovative indeed! I love his play on shapes and going against the norm - proves you can literally take anything and turn it into fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, these are weird.

    Have a good time in London!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails