Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Surreal Adventures

I really like a little bit of oddness every now and then, especially when it comes in the form of an elk in a cape. These paintings are by Russian artist Sergey Ryzhov.

These predominantly dark paintings have a colourful splash of the surreal which appeals to me massively. I especially like the multicoloured whale and the purple rabbit. I can't wait until I move into my own little place and I can fill it with weird stuff. It'll be awesome.

For more info and image, visit Sergey's DeviantArt profile.

Apologies for the lack of posting recently, I finish my degree in 3 weeks, ARGH. But after that, I'll be running around to Graduate Fashion Week and for the finals of a competition in Hong Kong so there should be some interesting things to post about!

Don't forget to enter my competition to win $100 to spend on designer clothes at Shopbop.

4 comments:

  1. oh wow, i love the limited colour palette and then the burst of colour emphasizing the focus. you do find some amazing stuff (: xo

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Surrealism. Saw a great exhibition of work by Nancy Fouts today. You should check her out too. Good luck with the next 3 weeks. Hope to see you at GFW - I am going on the Sunday and Monday. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. over most movements i still think surrealism is my favorite. screw impressionism!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice paintings I love it :)

    Claire M.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1