Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Interview with Marianne Rashid, buyer at MyLabel.com



Marianne Rashid
Assistant Buyer at MYLABEL.co.uk


Can you explain a little bit about MYLABEL?
MYLABEL.co.uk is a trend-led website which offers a complete collection of branded clothing, footwear, accessories and lifestyle products for men and women. Expect to find on-trend collections with urban styling, statement party looks and heritage sportswear from both leading high street and boutique brands such as By Jam, Chunk, Franklin and Marshall, French Connection, UCLA and many more.

What is your role?
My role is Assistant Clothing Buyer so I assist our Senior Buyer Rachael in just about everything from supplier visits where we pick out the new season stock to making sure everything runs smoothly right through to when the stock arrives in our warehouse. My day-to-day my job can be pretty varied; a big part of my job is to merchandise the website and maintain its appearance by updating the products and offers, but other days I can be out on location for a photoshoot or in my scruffs in the warehouse labeling stock!

What's your favourite item on the site?
It's so hard to choose as there are so many items that I love on site at the moment but if I had to pick out one thing that I’ve got my eye on it would be the Motel Women's Blake Print Dress. I've already bought the Motel shorts in the same print and everyone loves them, so think I need the dress now too!


If you had an unlimited budget, what would you buy from the site?
Well apart from the Motel dress (and the version we do in pink) I would definitely raid the byJAM collection – their designs are inspired by all things vintage, girly and gorgeous, swoon! The striped t-shirt and navy shorts would be ideal for my holiday. To go with them I would get any of the Nica bags and probably a Fiorelli one too to wear in the evening. I’d complete my outfit with the new Moda in Pelle Philippe wedge shoes, these are the perfect alternative to heels for summer without the pain!


When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Haha, well it used to change very frequently… but the jobs that I remember wanting to do for more than a week were Ballet Dancer, Artist, Fashion Designer, Actress and Princess (ok, so that might not be a career option at school but I definitely wanted to be one). Eventually I chose the right career though, working as a buyer for MYLABEL.co.uk brings something new and exciting to my job every day…and the odd freebie doesn’t go a miss either!

For more info, visit MYLABEL.co.uk

p.s. Congrats to Claire from Rumour PR who won the Shopbop competition!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1