Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Blanche DuMois

Just because I can fit one cup of my super sturdy bra on my head doesn't mean I don't want dainty, pretty lingerie, just if I did wear it I would probably be arrested and/or have someone's eye out.

Alisha Trimble, the designer behind Blanche DuMois got in touch with me to show off her new website and the girly designs instantly made me want to shrink 4 cup sizes so I could enjoy a little, vintage style, monochrome bra complete with bow. But alas, it is not meant to be...

I spoke to Alisha about her career, the collection and lingerie...


Have you always wanted to be a lingerie designer?
Well, I've been curious since I was a child about the intricate way that lingerie is put together, especially vintage bras.  I did not know that that curiosity would lead me to becoming a designer.

You also have a ready to wear line, which one do you prefer designing?
I like them both for different reasons, the lingerie has a more broad appeal and I enjoy being able to share that with more people, whereas the ready to wear is more an expression of my personal point of view and it's more extravagant.


Tell us a little bit about how you got into this industry...
During art school I worked as a merchandiser for Cosabella Lingerie, and later on for La Perla.  We went through training to measure and fit people for bra sizes and the accuracy in sizing led me to make more fitted dresses when I started designing.

Once I felt I had established my own point of view in Ready to Wear, I introduced the lingerie line.  I was fixating on Tennessee Willams film "BOOM" at the time, Elizabeth Taylor wears white throught the entire film.

What is your favourite piece in the new collection?
I love the white pointelle group, because it's really comfortable & easy to wear.  White clothes are all the rage right now.

What can we expect to see from Blanch DuMois in the future?
Next season, I am going to introduce more color into the collection, and maybe some lace.  Also watch for an actress wearing Blanche DuMois in a steamy bedroom scene in a very happening feature film coming out soon...

For more info and images, visit the website.

Don't forget to enter my competition to win $100 to spend on designer clothes at Shopbop.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1