Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Tine de Ruysser


I've been a fan of Tine de Ruysser's work for a couple of years now, ever since I open a box containing one of her intricately folded, wearable metal origami pieces for a shoot with Fashion156, which you can see here.

I love the detail and craftsmanship that must go into every millimetre of every piece of her work. Origami has always been hugely interesting to me and pieces like the ones above are more than just your generic crane or water lily, they're a little bit amazing.

For more images and info, visit her website.

9 comments:

  1. How truly beautiful and amazing!!!

    XOXO
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow to able to create that before ripping it up!

    Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see some Belgian talent represented! She actually studied about two streets away from where I live, haha. I adore those rusty metal cubes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible photographs, I adore your blog! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed at how neat and perfect these all look, I wish I could make something like the dollar chain especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since watching a documentary on paper folding I am so appreciative of people that can create these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! I went to her website, pretty neat things!!

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. remind me of these -

    http://www.instructables.com/image/FHW8YTDFDSE97AM/Five-Star.jpg

    people make them and leave them as tips in america, hollie can make them

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're really going to have to forgive me for pelting you with comments ;) but this one could not be left out, this stuff is amazing! I particularly appreciate that last surface, I'm trying to wrap my head around the intricate cuts one needs to make to get those folds and it's mind-blowing, all my models and any models I've seen made in school don't even come close!

    Ripped Nylon

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails