Thursday, 28 January 2010
I made cupcakes today! They will be presents for people up in the Norf. They're kind of based on cupcakes in The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook but with a simplified recipe because mine always turn out lumpy following theirs. Also, changed the frosting too as I'd run out of milk... I was not the most prepared person in the baking arena. Anyway, here's the recipe I used.
125g Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla essence
250g Icing sugar
1tsp Vanilla essence
(I threw in a bit of pink food colouring too for funsies)
1. Mix the butter and sugar together until creamed
2. Beat in the eggs until mixed together
3. Seive the flour in and fold into the mixture a bit at a time
4. Add the vanilla essence and pile it into cases
5. Cook in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden
6. For the frosting just mix all of the ingredients together and pipe or spoon onto the top of the cake.
Also, I noticed this at the bus stop at the top of my road and thought it was pretty.
Posted by Clare Potts at 17:18
Wednesday, 27 January 2010
Posted by Clare Potts at 17:33
Tuesday, 12 January 2010
I have fully just fallen in love with these shoes, especially the yellow wedges. I love desert boots but can't seem to get the Clarks idea out of my head. These are definitely not Clarks.
They are by Matiko, if I had a spare $172 and a US postcode I would never take these off.
Posted by Clare Potts at 22:46