Friday, 17 September 2010

What I do in real life...

So, the reason my posting has been a little bit sporadic over the past couple of weeks is that I'm now back at Uni (I study Fashion Promotion at Uclan in Preston) working my rather round bottom off.

The first little project to get us back in the creative swing of things was to create some posters/adverts in the style of different artists that we admired. So, for research I've been copying my favourite artists' work and then doing my own thing when I've mastered the technique.

I chose Rob Ryan, Krisatomic and Little Doodles to copy the shite out of, I'm rather pleased with how the Little Doodles doodles turned out and decided to show them off a little bit. I am not passing these off as my own AT ALL, just my own little homage to their greatness...

London Fashion Week starts today, exciting! I'm heading down on Sunday so expect coverage from then on...

22 comments:

  1. I love your drawings you should do more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive homage. See you Sunday hopefully. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. iced gem george is awesome!
    jenn.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, these are fantastic, i prefer yours to the originals! You should post some more of your illustrations for sure! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, these are fantastic, i prefer yours to the originals! You should post some more of your illustrations for sure! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out great with my personal favourite being the bird-icecream! Looking forward to the FW coverage ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doodle of George makes me happy...what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so good i absolutely love this post- amazing homage to great designers and seriously the bird in the ice cream cone just awesome! Cant believe you study in P-town... where i currently live!kisses katie. fashion clocked

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wish I was that good at drawing! Good stuff. I love Rob Ryan too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, your real life is so talented and inspired

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness you are so talented, I love thse drawings, especially the first one xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Iced Gems! I was literally just talking about these the other day, I wonder if you can still get them?

    Love your homages Clare, they're brill!

    Hollie

    lipstick and balloons

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah yeah I loooove her birds, Rob Ryan also rocks. You've copied them very well! I was on your floor on yesterday hehe, wondered if I'd spot you

    ReplyDelete
  14. and you're awesome at them! do my wedding invites please :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. george is rather wicked! love them

    ReplyDelete
  16. your drawings are nice Tweet
    you did a great job on them =)

    -Bionica

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've only just seen this... competely fabulous claire - FABULOUS FABULOUS!!

    Aren't you a little creative bunny!

    :D xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails