Sunday, 29 August 2010

Travels across the Pond: Chicago and Lollapalooza

So, this is the first in a few installments of my holiday snaps, they aren't particularly beautiful, professional or attractive due to the fact I was too busy having fun to hone my mad photography skillz!

These images are from the first few days of our holiday in the lovely city of Chicago, we stepped out of the train straight on to the set of Transformers 3 which was being filmed on the street, as you do, but we headed straight to the hotel, met our friends and relaxed with a cheeky rum and coke; something I would become known for over the duration of the trip...

For those of you who don't know about Lollapalooza, it is a huge music festival which takes place in downtown Chicago, right next to Lake Michigan, and boasts some of the biggest names in music for example the rather delightful Lady Gaga (who you can see above), Arcade Fire, Phoenix, Chromeo, The Kissaway Trail and a myriad of my other favourites.

We also had a day of sightseeing in Chicago where we went up the tallest building there; The Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower), went on a lovely boat trip, ate far too much yummy food, went to the Contemporary Art Museum, saw a lot of lovely things and, of course, had some rum and coke...

There will be more photos to come if you're interested, if not, come back in a couple of days and normal posting will continue!

19 comments:

  1. So glad you had fun! I love the hair bow. What was your favorite part about Chicago.

    JD
    Iplayfaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pics are still ace though! thanks for sharing, looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do love your photos, they're pro quality but with heart :) those steps are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing pics!
    e wow! the floor is glass! I'm terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks scary to stand on clear ground! i think im a little scared of heights haha! anyway nice to see pictures of diff places around the world! I need to get myself away from Melbourne!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boyfriend's sister has just moved out to Chicago - we'll definitely be visiting her for next year's Lollapalooza! Looks fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this looks awesome. I've got a friend who went over to lollapalooza and said it was incredible...... hope you had an epic time!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture.. I hope I can see the shows.. looks like amazing time you have there... I'm always envy your trip :)



    http://ladymitroz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun pictures! I love reflection pictures

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all pictures which you can share over here is really great. In these there are so many things which is really great. There are some of the few photography which all are looking so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, i'm interested!
    Looks incredible, lucky thing ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed Lollapalooza by a hair in 2008 - stupid visa issues...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you had a great time! I would love to go to LP! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey you shots are cool. The 1st one is an interesting structure. And the shot from the Willis tower made my tummy flip. I couldnt have take that or been on that glass platform. I am not great with heights. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. La la la laaaaa paloooza.
    So happy to see the pics... looks amazing.
    x
    love from San Francisco.
    refusestolabel.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing time you had!! Whats that in pic 3 btw?? HAHAH i can't seem to figure out :S i am lame =_= xd
    ps no they're not not attractive :D The pictures all look vibrant and FUN <3

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1