Friday, 25 June 2010

Ears Wide Open

Welcome to the World of Alexandra Embleton. This lovely lady, obsessed with illustration and music, has combined her two loves to create a zine packed full of indie bands, animation and hand drawn portraits.

I very nearly referred to them as doodles but they are worth so much more than that flippant word used to describe something drawn on your maths book in year 8, they are portraits, obviously drawn with love and a little bit of passion, evoking the subject perfectly.

Following in the footsteps of the wonderful Sketchbook magazine, there needs to be way more hand drawn magazines in the World. I, for one, would heartily approve.

To see more of Alex's zine, 'Ears Wide Open' and her other lovely illustrations, visit her blog.

Today is the last day to enter my competition to win Lady Gaga sunglasses, fake eyelashes and make up! The competition will close at midnight UK time. Click here to enter. 

20 comments:

  1. this is amazing thanks for the heads up, love love, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. in love with the drawings xo


    Anna Katrina
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. Love the 2nd and 4th ones.:)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow i love bruce!

    http://illustratemypillowcase.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is talented! Going to check her out. Thanks for sharing dvrling ;)

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic illustrations! Thanks for sharing! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Bruce the Moose. I think he just made my day!!

    Charlotte xx

    The Style Rail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes yessss! Agree'd! Zines can be such wonderful things; you can always tell the effort their authors put into them... more when they illustrate them, as well! ; u ;

    Also, the zine you're showing looks quite amazing! such interesting illustrations... she's got a really polished style! c:

    ~ Orphin's Domains ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her drawings. Thanks for featuring such unusual people and artists on your blog. I love discovering new people :)

    Christy of Dress Rehearsal

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is cool. I have been just watching Glastonbury (wishing I was there) and this really resonates with that. Nice eye. Hey just noticed 420 followers how cool is that - very. Nearly 500 now amazing hw quickly you are growing. Brilliant, brilliant. I love it. Loving watching you grow. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice!! Thanks for the link! I love illustrations and music. I would definitely agree to more illustration magazines. I would subscribe in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff. Love WE ARE THE SCIENTISTS best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, the illustrations are awesome! my fave is the last picture, the guy looks artsy :)

    Castor Pollux

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for turning me onto such wonderful things! Last year I was fortunate enough to attend graduate fashion week however, this years looked a thousand times better!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1