Sunday, 23 May 2010

Vandana Jain and short films


I've always been interested in short films, since the days of making 'educational' videos about coal mining with barbies when I was in High School. But on a slightly more serious note, I love the little fashion films that accompany bigger projects, almost as an after thought but they have so much effort in them. Fashion156, A Shaded View on Fashion Film and Fashionair are good examples of top notch short fashion film makers on the side of their day job.

The images above are screen grabs I snatched from the opening intro film of Vandana Jain's website, I love their grainy texture and rather eerie quality, I suggest you go to her website and have a cheeky look at the film in it's proper context. The content of her site is beautiful, as you wander around films follow you and who I assume is Vandana herself, follows you as you explore.

Click here to visit her site.

10 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous, short films are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!


    carrouseldelamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. too raqd! i love movie still, and these are perfect!

    xx raez

    ReplyDelete
  4. These images are captivating and otherworldly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely little short film. cute screen grabs you sold it to me! x
    http://www.thevestimaniac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how real and simple this is but how surreal and otherwordly she's managed to make it look. And her music is fascinating!

    Thanks for sharing, love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My college had a short film festival this year! It was absolutely amazing. My friends and I all want to make films for next year's! We're in love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I just say how slightly creepy the video is, espcially when she goes and scares you at the end? I was scured. But I love the grainy quality of it even though it's eerily (which also makes it kinda fun and certainly unique. not a bad thing)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is cute and awesome! yay short films :D the film was just slightly eerie(in a way), yes =_= XD xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails