Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Fred Butler and Elisha Smith-Leverock


I just realised that I go on about how much I love Fred Butler quite often on my blog but have never actually dedicated a whole post to her work, so here one is (well shared a little bit with the photographer too..)

Fred Butler always creates bright, intricate, vibrant pieces that look (I'm sure they do) take days and multiple blisters to make. These are images of her S/S 10 collection shot for Dazed Digital by the very talented Elisha Smith-Leverock and they are rather dreamy. I love the way that it looks like the photos have been taken through a piece of her jewellery, creating a scattered light effect which fits perfectly with the mood of her work.

The blurry, smooth vibe of this shoot is a bit wonderful, I love dreamy shoots like this, as you may have noticed...

19 comments:

  1. love love love her work! The lighting effects are so interesting. My favorite shot is the first, reminds me of GaGa, great post!

    ♥Rachel


    http://blushingtulips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAMN inspiring images!!

    refusestolabel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is pretty fucking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. U are the lucky winner, please e-mail me Ur shipping information and Ur two choices from Snis shop. :D


    P.S.: ♥Please don't forget to join the Miskay jewellery GIVEAWAY!♥

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful images! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME PICTURE

    http://kylacallista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this!

    www.romance-is-boring.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting effects. That's true about how it looks like it's taken through jewelry.

    Christy from Dress Rehearsal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Captivating images!

    PS check out my giveaway only 2 days left!

    True Queen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love shiny things and even more if they are iridescent

    ReplyDelete
  11. that lighting is wicked cool. thanks for sharing :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool pics - thanks for the intro to her work. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dreamy shots are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the shiny-ness of these!

    http://lolitasaysso.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. definitely inspired by some Gaga. awesome photos =)

    xo
    http://newyorkcarnival.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The person in the fifth photo reminds me of Vika Gazinskaya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. artsy photos!! Love the jewel like designs xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails