Saturday, 27 March 2010

Irina Shaposhnikova



Back to business today, thank you for all the lovely comments on my rather self indulgent post yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed doing it and will definitely do some more in the future. I need to get some outfit posts done too! Mat, I am enlisting you to take some next weekend!

Irina Shaposhnikova creates amazing pieces that confuse and mesmerize me at the same time. The shapes and details remind me of Ada Zanditon's honeycomb structures but with a more grown up aesthetic.

I especially love the first dress, with the stiff, glittery and angular fabric. Even though they are such odd, seemingly cumbersome shapes, they look quite flattering. On the model anyway, not sure if my curvy figure would look so great...

For more info and to see more of her work, visit her Uni profile.
Sorry for the rather short post, I have to go and make cupcakes for my friends' birthday celebrations tonight, Happy Birthday Sophie for Monday if you're reading this! And my boyfriend is complaining about being a Blog widow...

Plus I get to wear my brand new shoes from Office tonight, that the lovely press people gave me for simply going to a meeting with them, for work not for my blog by the way!


Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Fab post, love the glittery first dress too! They are so amazingly structured.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post!

    xoxo Rikst.
    www.stylishfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pieces are amazing!!Hope you're having a lvoely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, not very practical in a fashion sense but fascinating from an architecture/sculpture perspective

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so interesting. I love how architectural they are. I wonder what kind of fabric she used to make that sort of structure? It would have to be really solid, I imagine. I think my favourite is the black glittery one too, although the white one is a good contender.
    I love thinking about the construction of garments like this!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G clothes !

    Visit: http://cupcakesarefashion.blogspot.com/ :D

    XOXO, C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you manage to find all these amazing designers!

    http://voguishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this designer is one big thing.
    she should get famous soon

    xxx
    www.chestcinema.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow incredibly well-structured. But yeah, probably only looks good on the model haha. Don't apologise for a self-indulgent post, it's great to get to know bloggers a little better! :)
    Romany
    xx
    p.s. enjoy the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog, it's wonderful!!!

    Grace
    http://www.addiction-and-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. these amazing dresses i really love and breath taking. <333

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving it! They remind me of the geometric doodles I used to draw on my notebooks..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how structured and directional these pieces are. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great images! I've been a fan of Irina Shaposhnikova for a while. Can't wait to see what she comes up with in the future xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing shoes!!!

    http://blogwbutach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails