Sunday, 28 March 2010

Diana Orving prints, drapes and tailors


Happy Sunday everybody and welcome to Summer in Britain apparently... Well the clocks have gone forward at least, the weather doesn't seem to be obeying us.

I thought I'd introduce you to some lovely, soft and dreamy designs with equally wonderful photography, as I am ever so tired and in need of some soothing. I love pretty much everything about Diana Orving's S/S 2010 collection, the fabrics, prints, draping, colours, accessories and the way it moves beautifully with the model. The movement in this shoot is perfect and a little bit awkward which just makes me love it even more.

I think the last image is great, perfectly showcasing the shoes in a unique way that definitely captures my attention. I also like the fact that the place where the shoot took place looks like it could have been a village hall or school gym, the scuffed up floor only enhances the elegance of the clothes themselves.

For more info visit her very interactive, bursting at the seams website.

In other news, me and Mat from Buckets and Spades have decided to set up shop at Vintage Threads, the biggest vintage fair in the UK, on Friday the 2nd of April (and maybe the Saturday if it goes well!) so do come down and say hi if you can!

29 comments:

  1. So glad you did a feature on her! I really like what she did for S/S 10. Whoever would pick as a brand soundtrack Joy Division, Edith Piaf, El Perro del Mar and Bach is a keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh they are lovely photos :) i wish i had the guts to wear wacky and drapy shapes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pants on third picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yey for us, im excited though i think i have to look after some other area too but i can do both! yeah was thinking that about labels, nice easy hand writing ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i wish I could go!! so jealous..we don't have anything like that in Atlanta...great photos!!

    -Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow the prints are ah-mazing! love the shapes and drapery details <3

    ps. outfit post again, please! i love to see your style =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog pictures are AMAZING!! Can't wait to be back tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shoes is sensual, adorable!!!

    visit my blog:

    http://wwwmycupofcoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting outfits.. love the prints and the shoes.

    xx
    cayliek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the coat with the ruffles in the back is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. also, it is unfortunate you don't have forever 21, but in my dreams you have a topshop on every corner, and an h&m, so thats far better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great designs love the prints and shoes,great blog
    fashionaddress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow thanks! that would be great! I'm waiting to have the final product photographed so i'll let you know when its done
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the colour of the pictures and they look demure in a way! :D
    ps thanks for the comments on my blog, makes me hyper =_= ehehhe!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMFG, the coat with the ruffles out the back is SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful!

    Judith
    http://couture-and-beauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting designs, I especially love the dark jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the 5th photo. That navy is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. STUNNING!

    those platforms are wow.
    i saw that you posted the veronika collection...wish i would have known...but at least we both know we both have good taste!

    its hard to be original...but you are obviously doing a great job. your site is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  20. those harem pants are hot

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. these shots are amazing!! so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the print and drape of that shirt thing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1