Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Illustration inspiration

I was just wandering around the internet, having a little stroll through the blogosphere when I stumbled upon Kelly Anna Sheppard's blog. The two illustrations at the top caught my eye as I instantly recognised last season Hermione de Paula in sketch form. I am pretty much smitten with anything transferred into ink form but it's even better when it's on of my favourite pieces from one of my favourite collections of last season. After a bit of a trawl through Kelly Anna's blog I found a haul of other Vauxhall Fashion Scout designer sketches, it's like a goldmine! Love the Florencia Kozuch sketch, if you remember I posted about her a couple of weeks ago here so it's very nice to see it in a different medium.

I love the way you can see that they were drawn at speed but with a lot of skill and detail, beautiful, I think you'll agree.

Kelly Anna's blog can be found here. Also, I recommend the Vauxhall Fashion Scout blog for great backstage and catwalk images.

I'm going to a screening of Spike Jonze's new film in conjunction with Absolut tonight so that should be fun!

28 comments:

  1. I do, those illustrations are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adorrre fashion sketches. make me so happy and inspired :) thanks for sharing!

    xx
    come visit me!
    http://nineteen-candles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketches. I will definitely visit Kelly Anna's blog. Also happy to have found yours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog :)
    love those Illustrations too..

    Visit me too :D

    labyrinthvintage.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Labyrinth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah the sketch of Hermione's is immediately recognisable! What great dimensions. I wish I could draw like this. Did you go to the Hermione show? I know what you mean but I do love Isa who opened and was also in her show last season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at fashion illustrations. It's interesting to see the modd of a collection conveyed in a drawing. These are so inspiring! I need all the inspiration I can get at the moment... My fashion illustrations are awful!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, the illustrations are incredible. For someone that still struggles with stick images, I can really appreciate illustration (with envy), especially when they are sketched at the speed of lightening like most.

    http://obsesionesdeunanina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!! always on the lookout for illustration inspiration. (rhyme!)

    thanks for sharing
    following you on twitter :)

    XX
    alice-tate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cool! love the second to last one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i absolutely love fashion illustrations. it was the only class i had to drop out of in college because i absolutely suck at it. but i so admire people that can illustrate so beautifully. thank you for this!

    xxx
    t

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey,
    I noticed your comment on my blog about my boots and I'm actually getting a few more pairs to sell on my online store. Let me know if your interested

    camille.
    Great blog by the way definetly will be following

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww the fashion illustrations are just so beautiful <3. very talented (Y)
    Btw haf fun tonite !! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  13. and inspirational they are!

    lovely.

    xoxo
    maxwell conrad

    www.fledglingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The illustrations are beautiful, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS inspiration
    your blog is awesome, keep it up
    thanks for sharing as always!

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing sketches!!


    http://www.speakprada.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are lovely illustrations, i love the roughness of it all.

    www.amy-trinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning illustrations, great find!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi!
    I must say that you have an amazing blog!
    Love it. Look at my blog, if you want :-)
    Maybe we can follow each other? :)

    Love from Momo

    http://momounivers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tres Beautiful, I love them.

    SL

    X


    www.babyisasinner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails