Monday, 15 February 2010

Alexandra Verschueren

I decided to bring a little splash of colour into my rather monochrome blog, sadly I only managed one bright red coat... Ah well, I can't help which collection I fall in love with.

Alexandra Verschueren creates the most intricate, slightly confusing yet beautiful pieces. Beginning her life and career in Antwerp, she has had the perfect surrounding for creating beautiful pieces, so jealous, I want to live in Antwerp! She is inspired by the beauty of everyday things, such as paper folding. I love the 3D effect that many of these pieces have, they're so tactile and fascinating with an almost sculptural end result.
(images via Spot on textiles)

This is my 100th post, isn't that fun? To be fair, I've only really properly started blogging in recent weeks so I don't feel like it counts, ah well!

Ooh! Also, for any of you lovelies around Manchester (UK) this week, the company I work for are hosting an event in The General Store which will teach you everything you need to know about Styling, it's only a cheeky £5 PLUS there's 20% off all clothing in The General Store, free drinks and a DJ. Should be lots of fun and it would be nice to meet you :)

Click here for more info and to book tickets.

24 comments:

  1. I love the last Jacket!


    :O!
    BYEE!! KSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like an amazing little event! i'm sad to be so far away.

    love those jackets, by the way - any sort of structure and i'm all over it like a rash. rather oddly my love of it hasn't filtered through to my own wardrobe nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love Alexandra Verschueren. I saw a post on yatzer about her and was completely hooked! Brilliant structural madness

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow awesome collection i never saw this type of coats

    really great

    ReplyDelete
  5. The textures are sensational! What a gorgeous collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the red in the first picture. the color is so vibrant and just stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the first red coat! gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, the first two are doing it for me! The detailing is so beautiful and unusual.

    lipstickkk.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. so amazing!

    http://www.daniellebarbe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow great cut out clothing, love all of them!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super creative! The last jacket is great!
    x, fashionnerdic

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi how are u dear , thanks for ur comment i wish to visit more but wat to do no time hey have fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the geometrical designs on these pieces, they almost look like they've been felted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful collection!. love the second last pic creation! super cool + the dress/top in the inside has the same design n looks gud! (Y)

    ps arghh!! i wish i was in manchester! :(
    But have fun at it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH I wish I still lived in Manchester! I am in love with this collection especially the 2nd to last one - the cut out cape! ....... and Congrats on 100 :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely breathtaking photos! I love the cool colorings. this is so inspiring for my next 'shoot' with my friend :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow, such amazing stuctured pieces!

    & I would've LOVED to go to that event but live too far away :(

    LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in love with these intricately made clothes. This reminds me of Pierre Garroudi's red collection - review on my blog!

    www.amy-trinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1