Thursday, 28 January 2010

Hello cupcake




I made cupcakes today! They will be presents for people up in the Norf. They're kind of based on cupcakes in The Hummingbird Bakery cookbook but with a simplified recipe because mine always turn out lumpy following theirs. Also, changed the frosting too as I'd run out of milk... I was not the most prepared person in the baking arena. Anyway, here's the recipe I used.

Ingredients
125g Butter
125g Flour
125g Caster sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla essence

Frosting
250g Icing sugar
80g Butter
1tsp Vanilla essence
(I threw in a bit of pink food colouring too for funsies)

Instructions
1. Mix the butter and sugar together until creamed
2. Beat in the eggs until mixed together
3. Seive the flour in and fold into the mixture a bit at a time
4. Add the vanilla essence and pile it into cases
5. Cook in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden
6. For the frosting just mix all of the ingredients together and pipe or spoon onto the top of the cake.



Also, I noticed this at the bus stop at the top of my road and thought it was pretty.

6 comments:

  1. oh my, they look deeelish! i was thinking about making some actually this week, seeing that i know have alot of spare time.

    though i did get tickets to the carolyn massey show at LFW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! They taste yummy :)
    Well aren't you a lucky boy. What are they this year? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are and one of them has your name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i havent got them yet so we will see

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww they look gorgeous! i will definitely try this recipe! thanks :D x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about your blog, feel free to leave a link so I can comment back.

Lots of love,
Tweet xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
UA-12923226-1